Tuesday, April 14, 2009

depeche mode-Sounds of the Universe



Walking home this week, the new poster for Depeche Mode's album, Sounds of the Universe, caught my eye. I have never been their biggest fan per se. But, there are certain songs/albums that I do have and really like. To tell you the truth, I haven't bought a Depeche Mode album since 1990's Violator cd - and that was more of a "best of" type of album rather than new music. This new album has peeked my interest though.

Back in February they released their new single with the video for the song, Wrong. The single has a very exposed, violent - hardened sound to it. The video's visuals are breathtaking, beautiful and amazing - The videos look directly connects to the song. I can not separate the song now without visualizing the eerie video. The video is directed by Patrick Daughters - who has directed other videos for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings of Leon, Beck, The Muse and Interpol.

I still have to listen to the other songs off their Sounds of the Universe cd before I decide to buy it, but if this single is any indication to what the rest of the songs will be like, this will be an easy decision for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment