Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Strange Angular Products & Design

LogomelbourneprintFractFract 2Coca colaShirtDoritosLight ShadeStool


For quite some time now, I've been noticing products and designs rendered in an angular "three dimensions" style. This is a strange phenomena. Well I should reiterate, that it is strange but at the same time I find it fascinating.

Seeing flat two dimensional designs with a angular "three dimensional" look to it really grabs your attention. A good example of this is the City of Melbourne identity and Fract (engineered flowers) design and look. Both use a "three dimensional" angular style throughout their campaigns making them very unique and original. I am really impressed with the Fract flowers 3-D looking wrapping paper, beautiful and brilliant.

I don't know how practical some angular products really are such as, the concept Coca-Cola can, the angled shirt and the multi angled Dorito's bag but they are fun and captivating to look at. It is really impressive to see what people are creating in this angular style. I don't know if this is a trend or a fad but I look forward to seeing more angular projects in the future.

I should mention a couple of months ago Michael Surtees noticed this also and posted about it here, Weird Angle Stuff. Check it out and let me know if you see anymore of these angular projects.

3 comments:

  1. those are cool none the less. this is the first time seeing the coca cola concept can really cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Coca Cola can and Doritos bag a lot! I agree the Melbourne logo and Fract wrapping paper are brilliantly executed. Now I have to pay more attention to this trend.
    - J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I had a bunch more images that I had to exclude out of the post because it would make it much longer. It's a strange and fun trend. I'll post more images in the future that relates to this topic.

    Recently, I have seen a new angular concept design that is really interesting to look but I have to read up on its function.

    ReplyDelete