Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Humanity of Vogue magazine

Vogue Oct09Vogue Oct09 pg254Vogue Foot


Being interested in print and editorial design, I read as well as look through many magazines month to month. Now, before I continue I should mention that from time to time I do read and look through Vogue magazine. (And I am not ashamed of it!)

Yesterday while carefully looking/reading through the October 2009 issue of Vogue. An opening photo from the story, The Bold and the Beautiful on page 254 caught my attention. Something looked off and I could not put my finger on it. On closer examination, I noticed a foot under the thumb on the gold hand chair. At this point I thought I must be mistaken. Then I noticed the foots reflection in the chair. On closer inspection you can also see that they did a quick and rough photo retouch on the chair rail - the chair rail doesn't really line up.

Vogue is seen as invulnerable and ethereal in their editorial and photography. I am not saying that isn't true, but sometimes it's good to see that they are human.

1 comment: